Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gold Mine



I was at the birthday party of an old friend last night, who showed me an amazing book that I want to recommend to everyone who feels some affinity with the subjects presented here.  The name and subtitle of the book are:

America's God And Country:  Encyclopedia of Quotations

Highlighting America's Noble Heritage - Profound Quotes From Founding Fathers, Presidents, Statesmen, Scientists, Court Decisions - For Use In Speeches, Papers, Debates, Essays

I opened the book to a random page and found the following quote from Thomas Jefferson (Emphasis mine):

“My views...are the result of a life of inquiry and reflection, and very different from the anti-Christian system imputed to me by those who know nothing of my opinions. To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian in the only sense in which He wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines in preference to all others."

Of course you can buy the book yourself, but I've just ordered it, and if you hang around here long enough, I'm pretty sure you'll get some of the best quotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment